Have you ever thought of using Amazon Alexa on your Android phone? Well, why would you do that when you have got Google voice assistant to do the same thing that Alexa would do in the first place. But, honestly speaking, Google Assistant is not that great when compared to Amazon Alexa. Let us find out as to how to get Amazon Alexa on your Android phone.
Talking to Alexa on your Android phone may seem like an impossible thing in the past, but some technical genius has found a way to turn that into a reality. Amazon Alexa can be used with Android devices by following certain steps. Once everything is done, you just need to press and hold the home button, and you are going to see Amazon Alexa asking you what it can do for you instead of Google Assistant. Then, you will be able to perform all those tasks through Alexa, which you were doing with the help of Google Assistant.
Recently, a post on Reddit made way for a new feature on Android phones. That post was about having Amazon Alexa on Android phone, and people who read that post were not that confident about it, but when they tried the steps on their own and found that it is really working, then they had no other option but to believe the information given in the post.
Now, let us dive into the process of adding Alexa into Android phones and saying goodbye to Google Assistant until it becomes better than Alexa. The below-mentioned steps can be followed for any Android phone except Samsung.
- You need to start the process of downloading Alexa app from Google Play Store.
- After downloading the app, install it, and then sign into your Amazon account.
- Now, open the settings of your Android phone.
- In the settings menu, there is an option named ‘apps’ that you need to tap.
- Under ‘apps’ option, tap ‘default apps’.
- Now, select the option named ‘assist and voice input’.
- You will see two options on the screen, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you can select Alexa.
That was the process of enabling Amazon Alexa on Android phones except for Samsung, but what if you are using a Samsung phone? Well, in that case, you can follow below-mentioned steps:
- You need to start with downloading Alexa app from Google Play Store. Then, install the app and sign in using your Amazon account.
- Now, tap ‘settings’ option on your Samsung phone.
- Under ‘settings’ menu, tap ‘advanced features’.
- You will find an option named ‘device assistance app’ under ‘advanced features’, which you need to select.
- Now, select ‘Alexa’ and voila! Your voice assistant is going to change from Google Assistant to Amazon Alexa.
After following the steps, you will see a prompt on the screen of your phone in which you will be asked whether or not you want to change your voice assistant to Alexa instead of Google Assistant. You will be asked for permissions to which you will have to tap ‘allow’. With this, you will be able to use Alexa. You can make any request to Alexa, call and message your family members. You can also get results based on your current location.
Having Amazon Alexa on Android smartphones was an unrealistic thing until now, but one smart man has made this possible.